Finally after some weeks which registered just average collections, this was the one that gave strong positive signals to the box office. A couple of films that were released for this month, made some great collections, with the pooja holiday season.
1. Snehaveedu - This Sathyan movie is remaining steady in Box office especially in the bigger cities. The Mohanlal -Sheela chemistry and Mohanlal -Bijumenon sequences, together with the subtle humor by Sathyan has made the film the favorite among the family audiences. The film which is registering 80 percent collections in almost all the centres is expected too make a 100 days run. As the film was completed in a small budget, a modest one when compared with other superstar movies, the film is expected to cash in the returns with a long run .
2. Indian Rupee- Prithviraj's second release of season is widely recognized as a very good movie. With great perfomance and good narratives, the movie has also brought in good reviews. The movie was the hot film of the season with 80 to 100 percent collections, in almost all centers. With good word of mouth and wide release tactics, this Prithviraj , Tilakan & Rimakallinkal starrer is expected to end up as a profit maker.
3. Dr Love- The film manages forty percent in major centres, even though half of the release centres have shifted it. Chances for becoming a break even are there, if it survives another three weeks in major centres.
4. Sevens - The great opening week collections due to the continuous holidays, and release in eighty odd centers will help the movie to end up in between an average earner and a hit. The channel rights of Joshy’s Sevens were bought by a channel for a very high price of 1.90crore.
5. Pranayam –Blessy’s flick on Love had very good word of mouth. But the movie, even after great reviews didn't got lucky to end up as a hit. The movie makers will have to satisfy themselves, as the movie will get to average collections for its producers.
|Send your Feedback & Comments about the Website to the webmaster.|